In the event of an emergency, Nehalem Valley Care Center has developed a comprehensive Emergency Response Plan. This program describes the process of preparing for, mitigating, responding to and recovering from emergencies. This program is comprehensive and meets the health, safety, and security needs of the Nehalem Valley Care Center staff and resident population during an emergency or disaster situation. The program also addresses how the Nehalem Valley Care Center facility would coordinate with other healthcare facilities, as well as the local Tillamook County community during an emergency or disaster.
Specifically, this plan addresses the following facility and emergency planning elements:
- Plan administration and responsibilities including Program Administrator, Emergency Response Team Coordinator, Back-up Emergency Response Coordinator, and Emergency Response Team
- Hazard Vulnerability Assessments (HVA)
- Communication systems
- Shelter in place provisions
- Response partners and supporting organizations
- Training, drills and exercises
In the event of an emergency, we will be updating our website with phone numbers you can call for updates and specific information regarding our status. During the emergency, a designated person in the facility will be assigned as a communications person in charge of all necessary communication.